Methods of Payment
Adult Defendants Only
Telephone and on-line payment is available only to criminal defendants aged 17 and over for criminal offenses committed after age 17.
All juvenile defendants under age 17 and minors over age 17 charged with alcohol, tobacco and failure to attend school offenses must make a personal appearance in court with a parent or legal guardian.
Payment Constitutes a plea of Nolo Contendere ("No Contest").
Texas Code of Criminal Procedure, Article 27.14 (c) states:
"In a misdemeanor case for which the maximum possible punishment is by fine only,
payment of a fine or an amount accepted by the court constitutes a finding of guilty
in open court as though a plea of nolo contendere had been entered by the defendant
and constitutes a waiver of a jury trial in writing."
Before making a payment via credit card you must first call the court to get all required information for proper processing of you payment.
Court phone number: 817-693-5280
You will need to know the following before proceeding with your payment:
- Amount that you need to pay
- Docket number or cause number
- Convenience fee is charged 2.65% or a $3.00 minimum.
- Payment will not be processed until next business day. If there is a warrant for your arrest, it will not be recalled until the day the fine is posted.
- Be sure to get the confirmation number.
Once you have read all the information, be redirected to Certified Payments to Pay On-Line.