ECourt Virtual Docket
The majority of cases can be handled through Virtual ECourt. Please complete the ECourt Request form above which will be submitted to the Court Clerk’s office. Once the Court determines Virtual ECourt eligibility, you will be sent a confirmation notice with detailed instructions on how to proceed.
Technical Requirements to Appear via ECourt Virtual Hearings
- DEVICE - A device capable of accessing an internet connection (PC, MAC, Smart Phone, Tablet, etc.) If using your cell phone, you must install the ZOOM app on your wireless device.
- INTERNET - A fast and stable internet connection.
- WEB CAMERA - A webcam attached to your PC or a built in camera on your device that will allow the Judge to see you during the video conference.
- MICROPHONE/SPEAKERS - Your device must have a microphone connected or built in that will allow you to talk to the Judge and your device must also have speakers attached or built in that will allow you to hear what the Judge is saying to you.
- EMAIL ADDRESS - You must have a working email address and you may possibly need to have the ability to scan paperwork or email images or documents for the Judge’s review.
ECourt Rules of Conduct and Decorum
- Proper clothing strictly enforced. Inappropriate attire will not be permitted. Dress code is the same as if you were appearing in-person in the courtroom.
- Avoid background noise – Ensure your environment is conducive to attend virtually.
- Avoid distractions – Turn off and put away any and all distractions so your full attention is given to the court proceedings.
- Do NOT record these proceedings.
- Proper respect for the Court process shall be adhered to at all times.
At Your ECourt Docket Virtual Appearance
You will be required to present a valid photo ID during your video conference (Ex: Driver’s License, Texas ID, Work ID, Student ID, Library card, etc.)
- Please be prepared to enter a plea of Guilty, No Contest, or Not Guilty.
- Options such as deferred disposition, defensive driving, extensions, payment plans, community service and financial hardship review may be discussed at this time with the Judge.
Upon Completion of Your ECourt Virtual Appearance
After meeting with the Judge/Prosecutor you will be required to enter a plea online (see below) then the Court clerk will send a copy of the order to you via email and will be able to answer any questions you may have.