- Municipal Court
- Appearance Instructions
Please note that if you are 16 years old and younger, the Court will automatically set you on the next Court Docket and mail out a notice to appear at the Bartonville Municipal Court. A parent/legal guardian must accompany the Juvenile.
Most court services are now available online to allow you to handle your citation remotely. Most moving violations do not require a personal appearance. Please review the options below to determine how best to process your citation without appearing in person. For all citations, you must appear in person, take some kind of action via e mail, or by mail by the "Appearance Date" printed on your citation. Phone call(s) do NOT constitute an appearance. Please see options below.
Please Note: All payments made online will be automatic convictions, unless prior arrangements have been made. If you wish to select the Driver Safety Course Option or Deferred Disposition Option you MUST CONTACT THE COURT PRIOR TO PAYMENT to verify the proper paperwork has been submitted.
Your rights in Municipal Court
ONLINE CITATION OPTIONS:
- Request a Court Docket appearance – Click HERE to review requirements to file a request to appear before the Judge.
- Pay your Citation in Full Online - Click HERE (Note: this will result as a conviction)
- Deferred Disposition (Probation) Request: You may be eligible to dismiss your moving violation though this option. Click HERE for more information.
- Driving Safety Course Request: If you are charged with a moving motor vehicle violation you may request to take a Driving Safety Course (DSC) to keep the violation off your driving record. Click HERE for more information.
- Compliance Dismissals: Click HERE to review the required documentation to present to the Court
Inability to Pay Fines & Costs in Full:
If you are unable to pay a fine or costs in full when due, there are other options available to you, including extensions, payment plans as well as non-monetary alternatives such as community service, with sufficient proof of your financial condition. Please complete option 1 above to request an appearance with the Judge.