Patrol Officers provide crime prevention and law enforcement services for the Town through proactive patrol, preliminary investigations, and traffic control duties during an assigned shift.
This position is open to those who are currently certified as a Peace Officer by the Texas Commission on law Enforcement (TCOLE); Out of State Peace Officers who can meet minimum standards for Texas licensure (TCOLE RULE §217.1)
Examples of Duties
• Patrols town to promote public safety and enhance the quality of life .
• Responds to calls for police service (disturbances, burglaries, prowlers, suspicious persons, etc.) and takes necessary action.
• Secures crime scenes and arrests suspect(s) in misdemeanor and felony offenses.
• Directs traffic, issues citations, and investigates accidents.
• Completes patrol, offense, and arrest reports.
• Assists in conducting criminal investigations.
• Operates and maintains vehicle and personal equipment.
• Attends training activities and receives classroom and field instruction in job related subjects.
• Stores, tags, and logs evidence and recovered property.
• Maintains a positive friendly and effective working relationship with the general public and co-workers.
• Reports any unsafe, hazardous, or perilous conditions to proper authority.
• Adheres to the personnel, safety, and departmental policies, procedures, and Administrative Orders.
• Informs supervisor of all work activities.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Compensation and benefits
Salary Range $57,000 - $70,000
$1,500 sign-on bonus
Lateral transfer opportunities
TMRS 2:1 7%
Paid medical, vision, and dental
All equipment provided
13 paid holidays
Applicants must possess:
High school diploma or G.E.D
Minimum two years experience
Valid Texas Driver’s License
Ability to pass a thorough background investigation
Ability to pass a psychological exam and drug screen
Criminal Record: No convictions for criminal offense above Class C Misdemeanor